About This Trip
Taking the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz is a unique way to see the wonders of the Swiss Alps. This tour extends your stop at the spa resort of St. Moritz onto Lugano via the Bernina Railway, a listed World Heritage Site. The railway crosses the Bernina Pass, the highest railway crossing in Europe.
Trip code: SR-04NGBE
On-trip transport via seat in coach (bus/train)
Day 1: St Moritz
Transfer by train from the border, airport or any other destination in Switzerland to St Moritz. Short walk to your hotel, check in and overnight in St Moritz (2 nights).
- 3* : Soldanella or Unique Hotel Eden 4* : Steffanie or Schweizerhof
Day 2: Day Trip with Bernina Express
Board the narrow-gauge Bernina Express at St. Moritz station to Tirano. The Bernina Express is the only train who rides without cover over the Alps – on adventurous and historical trails. No wonder the UNESCO rated this legendary railway as a world heritage. The spectacular track with the world-known viaducts in combination with the pristine mountain landscape of Switzerland has harmonized with the surrounding nature and technology for more than 100 years. Enjoy some leisure time in the Italian village before you travel back by train.
Day 3: Glacier Express
A fascinating rail journey with the slowest express train in the world. It is a spectacular alternative to a flight over the Alps. You cross several bridges and go through many tunnels while traversing the Alps. Through the impressive Rhine gorge, over the Oberalp pass (2,033m/6,670ft) and along the deep valley of the Rhône, the Glacier Express travels through an incredibly fascinating and impressing part of the Alps. Short walk from St. Moritz railway station to your hotel and overnight in St. Moritz (2 nights).
- 3* : Excelsior or Testa Grigia 4* : Daniela or Tschugge
Day 4: Gornergrat Excursion
The cogwheel train will take you up to 3089 m. During the ride to the summit you will experience excellent vantage points for some 29 four-thousand-meter peaks including the mighty Matterhorn.
- St Moritz, the birthplace of Alpine winter tourism, that has twice hosted the Winter Olympics
- Crossing the Alps in the Bernina Express certainly is one of the most spectacular ways to do it. Along the way, the Bernina Express rolls Hollywood-style over the 65-meter-high Landwasser Viaduct, the signature structure of the Rhaetian Railway and the UNESCO World Heritage site
- Glacier Express, the rail journey in what has been dubbed the world’s slowest express train takes travellers across the Alps within roughly eight hours, passing through 91 tunnels and over 291 bridges.
- Gornergrat, a cog railway wends its way up the mountain to an altitude of 3089 metres; a magnificent panorama.
Upgrade Your ItineraryMake it even more by upgrading your tour with
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Masjid-ul-Qghair, Wylerstrasse 115 Bern
- IKRE Morgenstrasse, 148 Bern
- Islamic Community Foundation Zurich
- Albanic Islamic Association, Rauti Street 58 Zurich
- Jugendkulturzentrum Takva Moschee, Saatlenstrasse 23 Zurich
- Madni Masjid / Swiss Muslim Society, Weinbergstrasse 147 Zurich
- Geneva Masjid, 34 Chemin Colladon Le Petit-Saconnex Geneva
- Basel Masjid Klybeckstrasse 1 City Centre Basel
- Islamic King Faisal Foundation Friedensgasse 18 Basel
- Via Bottogno 12 6962 Lugano