About This Trip
Travelling across Switzerland by rail offers a marvellous experience to those seeking to enjoy the stunning views of the Swiss Alps. This tour starts from Lucerne to Interlaken and offers ample time to savour some of the Central Alps’ finest views and visit Europe’s highest train station - Jungfraujoch.
Trip code: SR-04NBES
On-trip Transport via seat in coach (bus/train)
Day 1: Lucerne
Transfer by train from the border, airport or any other destination in Switzerland to Lucerne. Short walk from the railway station to your hotel. Depending on arrival time opportunity to discover the Old Town. Lucerne lies on the river Reuss, at the end of Lake Lucerne, framed by impressive mountains. The city has been a stronghold of tourism since 1840, thanks to the well-preserved Old Town with its Chapel Bridge and Water Tower. Overnight in Lucerne (2 nights).
- 3* : Ambassador or de la Paix 4* : Cascada or Continental
- Train from Airport/Border to city station
Day 2: Lucerne
Today is free day on leisure, explore the Old Town or taking scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne. You can also choose (optional) mountain excursion, between Mount Titlis (CHF 88 person) or Mount Pilatus (CHF 55 person).
Mount Titlis is the highest glacier excursion destination and biggest ski and snowboard paradise in Central Switzerland. The Titlis, Engelberg‘s ‚house mountain‘, and its glacier park are accessible by the revolving ‘Rotair’ cablecar. At an altitude of 3020 metres above sea level visitors are treated to a fabulous view of the central Alps.
The panoramic gondolas and aerial cableway will take you to the summit of Mount Pilatus (7000 ft / 2132m). From here you will enjoy unforgettable views over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Time at leisure for lunch or short hike to the summit of the mountain.
- Add-on Optional: Excursion Mt Titlis / Mt Pilatus / Mt Stanserhorn
Day 3: Interlaken
Entertaining journey on board the Zentralbahn or a regional train via the Brünigpass to Interlaken. The town lies in the Bernese Oberland on an alluvial plain, between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. The resort, which is presided over by the three mighty mountains, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, is the starting point for numerous activities. Overnight in Interlaken (2 nights).
- 3* : City Oberland or Weisses Kreuz 4* Hotel: Metropole or Krebs
- Train (Brunig Pass)
Day 4: Jungfraujoch Excursion
The Jungfrau Railway, which leads through the heart of the mountains and up to the highest train station in Europe (3454 m), offers unbelievable views of the mountain giants Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and of the longest river of ice in the Alps – the Aletsch glacier at 22 km length. It climbs nearly 1400 meters in height and covers a distance of more than seven kilometers in tunnels along the nine kilometer long stretch.
- Transfer - Jungfraujoch Excursion (Cable car + Train + Bus)
Day 5: Depart
After breakfast transfer by rail to the border/airport or your next holiday destination.
- Train to Airport/Border to city station
- Lucerne, sited on Lake Lucerne, is embedded within an impressive mountainous panorama. Chapel Bridge, one of Europe’s oldest wooden bridges faithfully restored to its original design after a serious fire. Lake Lucerne, the scenic beauty of the lake can be discovered on the many different cruises offered by paddlewheel steamers and motor vessels. Pilatus, Rigi, Stanserhorn, excursion mountains made accessible by cableways, offering up picture-book panoramas of the regions around Lucerne.
- Interlaken lies in the Bernese Oberland on an alluvial plain, between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. The vacation destination, which is presided over by the three mighty mountains, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, is the starting point for numerous activities. Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn – the rides by rack-railway to the highest railway station in Europe and the cableway to the Piz Glora revolving restaurant.
Upgrade Your ItineraryMake it even more by upgrading your tour with
- Upgrade 1st class rail - CHF83/pax
- Excursion Mt Titlis - CHF 81
- Excursion Mt Pilatus - CHF49
- Excursion Mt Stanserhon - CHF49
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Masjid-ul-Qghair, Wylerstrasse 115 Bern
- IKRE Morgenstrasse, 148 Bern
- Islamic Community Foundation Zurich
- Albanic Islamic Association, Rauti Street 58 Zurich
- Jugendkulturzentrum Takva Moschee, Saatlenstrasse 23 Zurich
- Madni Masjid / Swiss Muslim Society, Weinbergstrasse 147 Zurich
- Geneva Masjid, 34 Chemin Colladon Le Petit-Saconnex Geneva
- Basel Masjid Klybeckstrasse 1 City Centre Basel
- Islamic King Faisal Foundation Friedensgasse 18 Basel
- Via Bottogno 12 6962 Lugano