About This Trip
Surrounded by seemingly endless mountain ranges, the Queenstown town centre is nestled beside Lake Wakatipu. The scenic wonders of this area are well documented but never fail to impress.
Trip code: NZK-FGC
On-trip transport via seat in coach
Day 1: Christchurch
On arrival in Christchurch, ‘The Garden City’, seat in coach passengers will be met by our local representative and privately transferred to your hotel.
Self drive clients will collect your rental car at the airport and drive to your hotel.
Day 2: Mt Cook
Travel South across the Canterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo before continuing to NZ highest mountain –Mt Cook. Depart Mt Cook and follow the shores of Lake Pukaki south through the historic Central Otago region to the ‘Alpine Resort’ of Queenstown
Day 3: Milford South
Day trip –follow the southern arm of Lake Wakatipu to Lumsden and onward to Lake Te Anau. Enter the Eglinton Valley and travel through the breath-taking man-made Homer Tunnel to reach Milford Sound. Enjoy a cruise on this world-famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Return to Queenstown for overnight
Day 4: Queenstown
A free day to explore the endless optional attractions available. Queenstown offers bungee jumping, jetboating, white water rafting, gondola rides and much more. Optional activities not included in the tour price.
Day 5: Glacier Region
This morning, travel along the shores of Lakes Wanaka, continue to West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges to the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers. For Self Drive guests, entry to Glacier Hot Pools (Franz Josef) is included.
Day 6: Glacier Region
This morning enjoy a glacier walk. Afternoon, free at leisure. You may join any optional activities: helicopter scenic flights, Heli Hiking, Heli Ice Climb, etc
Day 7: Christchurch
Travel north to Greymont today and board the world-famous Trans Alpine train (coach guests only). Ascend through lush beech forests past the alpine Village of Arthur’s Pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps onto Christchurch.
- Whale Watching - You can spot whales throughout New Zealand, including Auckland's beautiful Hauraki Gulf and the wonderful Kaikoura.
- International Antarctic Centre - Experience amazing Antarctica without leaving Christchurch! A 'Must Do' experience and interactive fun for visitors of all ages. Antarctic Gallery, 'Antarctica' Snow & Ice, Storm, Hagglund Ride, 4D Theatre, Historic Hut exhibit & Little Blue Penguins.
- Tranz Alpine, one of the world’s great train journeys, travelling from coast to coast on New Zealand's South Island taking in the vast Canterbury Plains, spectacular Southern Alps and Wild West Coast.
- While glaciers around the world are retreating, the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers still flow almost to sea level. The temperate climate at this low altitude means these glaciers are among the most convenient to visit in the world. Easy walks to the foot of the glaciers pass along ancient river valleys with steep sides bearing gigantic horizontal scars from when the glaciers have retreated and advanced over millennia. When you stand close to the foot of these glaciers, their sheer enormity is very humbling.
- Queenstown sits on the shore of crystal clear Lake Wakatipu among dramatic alpine ranges; it’s rumoured that gold prospectors - captivated by the majestic beauty of the surrounding mountains and rivers - gave this now cosmopolitan town its name.
- Wanaka is also home to more world class events than most, from international triathlons to music and arts festivals. Warbirds over Wanaka, Festival of Colour, Rhythm & Alps, and the Audi Quattro Winter Games, just to name a few.
- Described by Rudyard Kipling as the 'eighth wonder of the world', Milford Sound was carved by glaciers during the ice ages. Breathtaking in any weather, the fiord's cliffs rise vertically from the dark waters, mountain peaks scrape the sky and waterfalls cascade downwards from as high as 1000 metres. When it rains in Milford Sound, and it often does, those waterfalls multiply with magnificent effect.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
– East Street Vegetarian Cafe Bar, 8 Church St
- AFG Restaurant, 318 Lincoln Rd, Addington
– Dubba Dubba, 11B Waimairi Rd, Upper Riccarton
– Turkish Kebabs, 30 Camp St, O’Connells Pavilion
- Turkish Kebabs, Skyline Arcade, The Mall
- Snack Shack Turkish Kebabs, Pembroke Mall, 139 Ardmore St
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Auckland Airport Masjid
Westney Road, Mangere Past Zayed College Auckland
- Jamii Masjid
921 Heaphy Terrace, P O Box 665 Hamilton Waikato Region
- Masjid al Noor
101 Deans Avenue Riccarton Christchurch Canterbury Region
- Rotorua Islamic Centre
21, Tarewu Road Rotorua
- The Otafo Muslim Assoc. Alhuda Mosque
21 Clyde St Kinmont Park, Dunedin