About This Trip
Witness the puzzle of huge valleys of ice that extend well below the snowline, almost to the sea. Here the ice age is still underway.
Trip code: NZC-ROZQ-SIC
On-trip transport via seat in coach
Day 1: Auckland
Transfer from airport to hotel or collect rental car for self drive option.
- Airport Transfer
- Overnight : Auckland City Hotel
Day 2: Waitomo - Hobbiton
Travel south of Auckland to Rotorua via the famous Waitomo Caves where a guided tour with a boat trip through the glow-worm grotto is included. Continue to Matamata and visit Hobbiton Movie Set for a guided tour of ‘Middle Earth’. Continue to Rotorua (stay 2 nights).
- Transfer via Bus
- Waitomo Caves, Hobbiton Movie Set
- Overnight: Sudima Hotel
Day 3: Rotorua
Three major attractions are included with your Rotorua sightseeing. Begin with a visit to Te Puia Thermal Reserve where you will see boiling mud pools and steaming geysers, before heading to Rainbow Springs for a chance to learn about New Zealand’s native bush and maybe see our native bird – the Kiwi. A visit to Rotorua is not complete without experiencing the Agrodome to learn about our farming heritage with an entertaining farm show. Tonight enjoy a Maori Hangi (feast) and Concert at your hotel.
- Transfer via Bus
- Te Puia Thermal, Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park, Agrodome Spring
- - Dinner (Maori Hangi Feast and concert)
Day 4: Queenstown
Self Drive passengers drive to Auckland airport for your flight to Queenstown. Seat in Coach passengers transfer to Rotorua Airport for flights to Queenstown, stay 03 nights.
- Overnight: Aspen Hotel (3 nights)
Day 5: Milford Sound
Travel from Queenstown to Milford where we have included a cruise on spectacular Milford Sound . Return to Queenstown.
- Transfer via Bus & Cruise
- Milford Sound
Day 6: Queenstown
A full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and activities available in Queenstown. We have included entry to Skyline Gondola.
- Admission Skyline Gondola
- Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.
- Rated as the third most liveable city in the world, Auckland is a place where vibrant city style and spectacular landscapes go hand in hand.
- Cape Reinga offers the ultimate northern New Zealand experience. See two oceans collide and discover the place of leaping, where Maori spirits begin their final journey.
- Be amazed by the thousands of magical glowworms above, as you glide silently by boat in the world of famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Guided since the late 1880s, this is the original, iconic New Zealand attraction.
- Discover the fun at Rainbow Springs! Set amongst the native trees and beautiful forests of Rotorua, Rainbow Springs offers an action-packed, fun-filled day out for the whole family.
- The previously placid waters roar and rumble at great speed along the ravine before bursting into space out over Huka Falls to crash into the turbulent pool 11 metres below. A foot bridge right at the top of the falls puts you in a prime position to get up close and witness the frightening display of more than 220,000 litres of water blasting by every second. If you'd like to see the power and fury of the falls up close, try a jet boat ride.
- Te Papa Museum of New Zealand, Australasia’s most visited museum is a must do on any New Zealand itinerary. Don't miss the exhibition created in partnership with Weta Workshop.
- Skyline Rotorua is your ticket to an unforgettable holiday fuelled with adventure for people of all ages. Enjoy a fun-filled gravity ride on our Luge tracks, fly through the sky on our Zoom Zipline and feel the adrenalin rush on the Skyswing ride.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Akbar Durbar Indian Takeaway, 51-61 Hobson St
- Zam Zam Indian Restaurant, 54 Stoddard Rd, Mt Roskill
- Khanz Restaurant, 491 Pakuranga Rd, Highland Park
- Taste of Malaysia, 615 Great South Rd, Manukau
- LJS Waitakere, Waitakere Mega Centre, 5 Vitasovich Ave, Henderson
- Ali Baba’s Tunisian Takeaways, 1146 Tutanekai St, Rotorua
- Mecca Kebabs & Expresso, 1195 Tutanekai St, Rotorua
- Aladdin's Turkish Café, Warehouse Complex, 52 Parumoana St, Porirua, Wellington
- Zara's Turkish Café, 199 Main St, Upper Hutt, Wellington
- AFG Restaurant, 318 Lincoln Rd, Addington
– Dubba Dubba, 11B Waimairi Rd, Upper Riccarton
– Turkish Kebabs, 30 Camp St, O’Connells Pavilion
- Turkish Kebabs, Skyline Arcade, The Mall
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Auckland Airport Masjid
Westney Road, Mangere Past Zayed College Auckland
- Jamii Masjid
921 Heaphy Terrace, P O Box 665 Hamilton Waikato Region
- Masjid al Noor
101 Deans Avenue Riccarton Christchurch Canterbury Region
- Rotorua Islamic Centre
21, Tarewu Road Rotorua
- The Otafo Muslim Assoc. Alhuda Mosque
21 Clyde St Kinmont Park, Dunedin