About This Trip
The Cataract Gorge, just 1.5km from Launceston’s city centre, is a unique attraction seldom seen in other cities. Boasting one of Australia’s oldest bridges – The Kings Bridge, delightful views and the world’s longest single-span chairlift, Cataract Gorge is a must visit destination for tourists.
SIC transfer to Launceston hotel
Cataract Gorge Cruise
- Departs September to May Daily:9.30 10.30 11.30 13.30 14.30 15.30 16.30*
*available 1st January to 31st March
June to August Daily: 11.30 12.30 13.30 – Duration: 50 minutes
- Operates: Year Round, All weather
- Vessel:Lady Launceston
- Explore the Old Launceston Seaport before cruising to Kings Wharf viewing historic vessels and Launceston's delightful riverfront precinct. The highlight of the experience is then cruising into the spectacular Cataract Gorge as we engage the Lady Launceston's unique and silent electric drive. View the sheer cliffs and cascades from your comfortable seat with unobstructed views on our multi award winning 1890's style vessel. Enjoy the skippers captivating commentary on the history of this fascinating area.
Full Day Cradle Mountain Tour by Sit in Coach
- Our tour starts as we travel south west from Launceston through green pastures, skirting the mountains of the Great Western Tiers towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- We pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury and the scenic town of Deloraine renowned for their arts and crafts.
- Stop at Sheffield - the town of murals,
- Here you can see the many intricate and life-like murals that adorn the town's buildings.
- As we traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain look out for wombats, potaroos and wallabies that inhabit Cradle Mountain National Park.
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an insight and appreciation of the area.
- Perhaps take a short stroll along Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pines, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- There is an opportunity to take a short stroll around Dove Lake as you take in views of the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain (weather permitting
- Maybe visit Waldheim Chalet (forest home) of Gustav Weindorfer
- On the return to Launceston, visit Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous variety of cheese made on the premises before heading back to Launceston
- Operates Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun
Departs: 8.30am from Launceston, Returns: 5.00pm
- Fare includes National park entrance fee, fresh fruit and bottle of water on departure, lunch, Ashgrove Cheese Farm
SIC transfer to Launceston airport
- 4 nights accommodation at choice of hotel with daily breakfast
- Admission and/or sightseeing as per itinerary
- All transfers as per itinerary