About This Trip
The Cataract Gorge, just 1.5km from Launceston’s city centre, is a unique attraction seldom seen in other cities. Boasting one of Australia’s oldest bridges – The Kings Bridge, delightful views and the world’s longest single-span chairlift, Cataract Gorge is a must visit destination for tourists.
Trip code: AU-TAS3N-LD
3 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
On-trip transport via seat in coach (bus/mini bus)
Day 1: Launceston
Welcome to Tasmania! Launceston, Tasmania's second major city and a vibrant hub for food and wine, culture and nature. Seat in coach transfer will arrange based on your arrival timing to Launceston hotel area.
Day 2: Cataract Gorge Chairlift
Cataract Gorge Chairlift
Explore the Old Launceston Seaport before cruising to Kings Wharf viewing historic vessels and Launceston's delightful riverfront precinct. The highlight of the experience is then cruising into the spectacular Cataract Gorge as we engage the Lady Launceston's unique and silent electric drive. View the sheer cliffs and cascades from your comfortable seat with unobstructed views on our multi award winning 1890's style vessel. Enjoy the skippers captivating commentary on the history of this fascinating area.
Day 3: Cradle Mountain
Full Day Cradle Mountain Tour by Seat in Coach
Travel deep into the lush rainforest of Cradle Mountain National Park. Walk through the Enchanted Forest and around the spectacular scenery of Dove Lake and indulge on some of Australia's finest cheeses. Awaken your senses to the magnificent splendour that is Cradle Mountain... Go deep into the Tasmanian forest and experience the solitary wilderness of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife and unsurpassed beauty of this World Heritage listed National Park. Discover many walks throughout the rainforest - catch your breath as you first glimpse the craggy outcrop of majestic Cradle Mountain towering above sparkling Dove Lake plateau.
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Warong (Malaysian)
Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Mamak Corner
8 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Pondok Daun Restaurant
94 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Cinnamon Cafe & Indian Restaurant
3/198-216 Charles St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Hobart Mosque
166 Warwick St, West Hobart, Tasmania
- Masjid UTAS
University of Tasmania Newnham Campus, Launceston, Tasmania