About This Trip
Hobart – Gateway to Tasmania, is the ideal excursion point to explore the rest of the island’s charms. From historic inner suburbs, vibrant music and nightlife to Australia’s oldest theatre, the Theatre Royal, Hobart promises much to those who visit her.
Trip code: AU-TAS3N-HD
On-trip transport via seat in coach (bus/mini bus)
Day 1: Hobart
Welcome to Tasmania! Hobart, Tasmania's capital city, offers a blend of heritage and lifestyle with world class activities and attractions nearby. Seat in coach transfer will arrange based on your arrival timing to Hobart hotel area.
Day 2: Half Day City Tour
Hobart City Tour - Morning
Your driver will present live commentary sharing local knowledge and experiences of life in Hobart and is on hand to answer any of your queries. Drive along Sullivans Cove - Hobart's birthplace, pass by Parliament House, the Georgian style warehouses of Salamanca Place and through charming and histoic Battery Point. Travel to the suburb of South Hobart and stop at the Cascade Gardens with an option to walk and view the exterior of the historic Cascade Brewery building. Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison - featured in Bryce Courtenay's novel The Potato Factory. Experience the city, our parks, historic churches and buildings including the Hobart Town Hall, Penitentiary Chapel. Pass by Government House crossing the Tasman Bridge to stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay and Mt Wellington. Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens.
Day 3: Port Arthur
A wonderful day tour full of history, amazing scenery and maximum time at the Port Arthur Site. A compelling and dramatic reminder of our convict past and the early settlement of what was the Colony of Van Diemen's Land - now Tasmania. Departing Hobart view Government House, home to the governor of Tasmania. Travel across the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River, and into the Coal River Valley, an award winning wine producing area surrounding the historic town of Richmond (Oct - Apr). Enjoy an orientation drive through this quaint historic town with a short photo stop at the famous convict built Richmond Bridge (Oct to Apr). We continue onto the Tasman Peninsula, an area abound with natural bushland, native wildlife and amazing coastal scenery. Our stop in the Tasman National Park at Pristine Pirates Bay, will leave you in awe of the wonderful views, rugged coastline and striking rock formations. A great photo opportunity! Arriving at Port Arthur we have approximately 5 hours to soak up the atmosphere of this World Heritage Site. Visit the Interpretation Centre and follow the harrowing life of a convict. Join a guided walking tour to learn about the many restored buildings and ruins. See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, separate prison, Commandant's House, church and more. Enjoy a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead, then back to the Historic Site for free time to purchase your own lunch and explore at your own pace.
Day 4: End Service
End our service. Your transfer to Hobart airport (based on seat in coach schedule)
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Warong (Malaysian)
Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Mamak Corner
8 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Pondok Daun Restaurant
94 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Cinnamon Cafe & Indian Restaurant
3/198-216 Charles St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Hobart Mosque
166 Warwick St, West Hobart, Tasmania
- Masjid UTAS
University of Tasmania Newnham Campus, Launceston, Tasmania