About This Trip
Whilst Adelaide’s restaurants are enough to whet your average tourist’s appetite, this tour includes a short trip to Australia’s famed Barossa Valley, which offers a truly unique experience to those seeking an epicurean detour.
Trip code: AU-SA4N-AB
4 Breakfast, 2 Lunch
On-trip transport via seat in coach (bus/mini bus)
Day 1: Arrive
Welcome to South Australia, a gateway to some of Australia’s best wine country as well as historic buildings, lush parklands and some of the country’s best beaches.
- Arrange your own transfer to Adelaide hotel
Day 2: Morning Adelaide City Tour
With its vibrant culture built on world famous festivals, food and wine, cosmopolitan Adelaide is an elegant city with a rich past and a passion for fine living. Highlights of this tour including Classic Victoria Square, Cosmopolitan Gouger Street, Grand Boulevard of King William Street including Beehive Corner at the head of Rundle Mall, The Terraces, River Torrens, Elegant Parliament House, State Library, Trinity Church, Adelaide’s oldest church, Trendy Hutt Street, Haigh’s Chocolates, St Peter’s Cathedral, stunning Adelaide Oval, Colonel Light’s on Montefiore Hill and Beautiful Plane Tree Drive alongside the Botanic Gardens and the Adelaide Zoo.
Day 3: Victor Harbour & Mclaren Vale
Experience the diversity of the Fleurieu Peninsula playground of wineries, the holiday seaside resort of Victor Harbor and where Australia's greatest river system meets the lakes and sea at the old paddlesteamer port of Goolwa. Tour through scenic Mt Lofty Ranges dotted with small villages and spectacular views. Discover historic Strathalbyn on the Angas River. Enjoy a delicious three course carvery lunch on the shore front in Victor Harbor. Others highlights include The river Port of Goolwa where the Murray River meets the lakes and sea, picturesque coastal towns, delightful Victor Harbor on Encounter Bay, take in the dramatic views from The Bluff, visit McLaren Vale wine region with its vineyards, leafy olive and almond groves and old stone wineries, perhaps taste top local wines at Hardys Tintara Cellar Door and opportunity to sample produce at Medlows Confectionary and the Almond Train
- - Morning Tea & Lunch
Day 4: Grand Barossa Valley Tour with Hahndorf
The world famous wine region of the Barossa Valley is steeped in history and German heritage, swathed in rolling landscapes of vines, orchards, pasture and bushland and full of great characters. Approach the Barossa Valley through the magnificent Seppeltsfield Estate. A welcome and wine tasting at this historic winery. Learn the art of winemaking on a guided tour at Wolf Blass. Uncover the mystery of wines at a tutored wine tasting of Gold Label wines and the award winning Black Label. An exclusive preview Penfolds tasting with lunch. Visit Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest German settlement with its Elm tree-lined main street, quaint cottages, inns, cellar doors, craft shops and galleries, artisan cheese and smallgoods makers, bakers and tea rooms. Delight in the Adelaide Hills’ villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater
- - Lunch
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Warong (Malaysian)
Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Mamak Corner
8 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Pondok Daun Restaurant
94 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Adelaide Mosque
28/20 Little Gilbert St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia