About This Trip
Travel across Victoria and experience the region's stunning landscapes, historic towns and renowned food and wine. The state's compact size means you can travel from high in the mountains to the rugged southern coast and back to the city in just a short space of time. So hit the road on a touring route, make your own way around, or follow an itinerary and see the wonders of Victoria for yourself.
Trip code: AU-VIC4NSD-WGOR
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Melbourne > Phillip Island (2N) (142km/2h)
Leave Melbourne on the Monash Freeway (M1) to connect to the south Gippsland Highway. Turn off at Bass Highway and continue to Phillip Island to enjoy the spectacular nature and wildlife here.
- Overnight: Phillip Island Apartment
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Downtown (Surcharge airport AUD60)
Day 2: In Phillip Island
Enjoy the tempting treats at Amazing World of Chocolate, optical thrills and illusions at Amaze N Things, being up close with a colony of Australian fur seal, explore the heritage and tranquil scenery at Churchill Island Heritage Farm and the nightly magical parade of little penguins.
- Admission - Philip Island 3 Park Plus (Koalas, Churchill and Penguin Plus)
Day 3: Phillip Island > Mornington Peninsula (142km/2h) > Geelong (33km/35m)
Leave Phillip Island and travel onto Mornington Peninsula. This region boasts of fabulous winery and golfing tour experiences, as well as great eco-tourism, adventure and wildlife. Award winning wildlife sanctuary - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, beautiful maze and gardens, and tour Cape Schanck Lighthouse. Leave the region via the hourly Sorrento to Queenscliff passenger car ferry and continue to Geelong, Victoria’s second largest city. Explore its historic waterfront; a lively area filled with restaurants and cafés.
- Overnight: Rydges Geelong
- Admission - Monington Peninsula (Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Garden OR Moonlit Sanctuary)
Day 4: Geelong > Apollo Bay (115km/2h20m)
Head to Torquay, the official start of the Great Ocean Road and Australia’s surfing Capital. The stretch between Lorne and Apollo Bay is considered by many to be the most picturesque section of the Great Ocean Road.
- Overnight: Beacon Point Ocean View Villas
- Visit a world of green in the heart of the city at Melbourne's Fitzroy Gardens, and while away hours marvelling at the tiny doorways of the historic Captain Cook's Cottage, the carved Fairies Tree, the model Tudor Village, the conservatory, myriad fountains and statues, and shady avenues of grand trees
- Philip Island, home to the world-famous Penguin Parade and other popular wildlife attractions - all only 90 minutes from Melbourne. Get up close to one of Australia's most loved animals at the Koala Conservation Centre and journey back in time to explore the heritage and tranquil scenery of Churchill Island.
- See the towering 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, and take in iconic surf breaks, pristine rainforest and misty waterfalls along the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Get outdoors on bushwalking, surfing and mountain biking expeditions or take the cultural route through galleries, museums and heritage attractions.
- Loved by generations for over 100 years, Puffing Billy is one of the finest preserved steam railways in the world. Kids and adults alike will love the feeling of the wind in their hair as they wind through the lush rainforest and beautiful fern gullies of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges National Park, enjoying the views from the iconic open-sided carriages.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Mamak Melbourne (Malaysia)
366 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Zamzam Restaurant
364 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Burger Edge (Roxburgh Park Dine In and Drive Thru)
1550 Pascoe Vale Road, Coolaroo
- Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant
265 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Old Town White Coffee
303 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV)
66-68 Jeffcott St, West Melbourne
- Bilal Bin Rabah Masjid
Newport Islamic Society 1 Walker Street Newport Melbourne