About This Trip
Trip code: AU-VIC4NSD-GORW
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Avalon Airport > Geelong (21km/25mins)
Pick-up car rental from the airport. Proceed drive to Geelong, 2nd largest city in Victoria. Explore Geelong’s waterfront precinct and tranquil seaside villages. Visit National Wool Museum, wonderful Botanic Gardens at Eastern Park, and sculptures along the waterfront.
- Overnight: Rydges Geelong
Day 2: Geelong > Apollo Bay Great Ocean Road (245kms/3h40m)
Leave Geelong for the Great Ocean Road, via Colac (inland route). Perhaps stop at Camperdown; view of volcanic plains from top of Mt Leura and volcanic crater lakes Bullen-Merri. Travel south to Port Campbell, view the almighty Twelve Apostles (best view from a helicopter). Continue to Apollo Bay, see rugged cliffs and rainforest of the Otway National Park. Overnight: Beacon Point Ocean View Villas (min 2N Fri-Sat)
Day 3: Apollo Bay > Queenscliff (138km/2h30m) > Sorrento > Phillip Island (143km/2h)
Head along the Great Ocean Road to Lorne, spectacular drive with many stops opportunities. Visit the picturesqueSheok Falls. Continue to Queenscliff, where you board the passenger car ferry - Searoad Ferries (45mins) connecting the Great Ocean Road to the Mornington Peninsula and beyond to Phillip Island.
Mornington Peninsula, this region boasts of fabulous winery and golfing tour experiences, as well as great eco-tourism, adventure and wildlife. Visit award winning - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, beautiful Ashcombe Maze and Gardens, and tour Cape Schanck Lighthouse.
- Phillip Island Apartment (2 nights)
Day 4: In Phillip Island
Enjoy the tempting treats at Amazing World of Chocolate, optical thrills and illusions at Amaze N Things, being up close with a colony of Australian fur seal, explore the heritage and tranquil scenery at Churchill Island Heritage Farm and the nightly magical parade of little penguins.
- Visit a world of green in the heart of the city at Melbourne's Fitzroy Gardens, and while away hours marvelling at the tiny doorways of the historic Captain Cook's Cottage, the carved Fairies Tree, the model Tudor Village, the conservatory, myriad fountains and statues, and shady avenues of grand trees
- Philip Island, home to the world-famous Penguin Parade and other popular wildlife attractions - all only 90 minutes from Melbourne. Get up close to one of Australia's most loved animals at the Koala Conservation Centre and journey back in time to explore the heritage and tranquil scenery of Churchill Island.
- See the towering 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, and take in iconic surf breaks, pristine rainforest and misty waterfalls along the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Get outdoors on bushwalking, surfing and mountain biking expeditions or take the cultural route through galleries, museums and heritage attractions.
- Loved by generations for over 100 years, Puffing Billy is one of the finest preserved steam railways in the world. Kids and adults alike will love the feeling of the wind in their hair as they wind through the lush rainforest and beautiful fern gullies of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges National Park, enjoying the views from the iconic open-sided carriages.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Mamak Melbourne (Malaysia)
366 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Zamzam Restaurant
364 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Burger Edge (Roxburgh Park Dine In and Drive Thru)
1550 Pascoe Vale Road, Coolaroo
- Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant
265 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Old Town White Coffee
303 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
– Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV)
66-68 Jeffcott St, West Melbourne
- Bilal Bin Rabah Masjid
Newport Islamic Society 1 Walker Street Newport Melbourne