About This Trip
Travel across Victoria and experience the region's stunning landscapes, historic towns and renowned food and wine. The state's compact size means you can travel from high in the mountains to the rugged southern coast and back to the city in just a short space of time. So hit the road on a touring route, make your own way around, or follow an itinerary and see the wonders of Victoria for yourself.
Trip code: AU-VIC2NSD-GST
1 Dinner with 2 Course
On-trip Transport by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Melbourne > Great Ocean Road (Apollo Bay) (187km/3h)
Leave Melbourne heading west over the West Gate Bridge towards the open plains of Werribee. Have coffee or lunch in Geelong before heading along the Surf Coast to Torquay, the official start of the Great Ocean Road and Australia’s surfing Capital. Continue on the spectacular coastal journey through to Apollo Bay.
- Overnight: Beacon Point Ocean View Villas (min 2N Fri-Sat)
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Downtown (Surcharge airport AUD36)
Day 2: Apollo Bay > Port Campbell > Warrnambool (162km/2h30m)
Drive along the Great Ocean Road past rugged cliffs, rolling farmlands, the almighty Twelve Apostle (best viewed from a helicopter), then onto Warrnambool or the pretty village of Port Fairy.
- Overnight: Deep Blue Hotel & Hot Springs / Lady Bay Resort
- Admission - Shipwreck Sound & Light Show
- Dinner (2 course)
Day 3: Warrnambool > Ballarat (174km/2h30m) > Melbourne (113km/1h30m)
From Warrnambool, head inland towards Ballarat. Strike gold at Sovereign Hill. Get up close with Australian native animals at Ballarat Wildlife Park and return to Melbourne city via Western Highway. If you have more time to spend, drive to Dunkeld, southern gateway to the Grampians National Park. Walk to cascading waterfalls or lookouts overlooking rugged mountain ranges and discover the diverse wildlife of the region.
- Drop up your CAR at Airport
- Visit a world of green in the heart of the city at Melbourne's Fitzroy Gardens, and while away hours marvelling at the tiny doorways of the historic Captain Cook's Cottage, the carved Fairies Tree, the model Tudor Village, the conservatory, myriad fountains and statues, and shady avenues of grand trees
- Philip Island, home to the world-famous Penguin Parade and other popular wildlife attractions - all only 90 minutes from Melbourne. Get up close to one of Australia's most loved animals at the Koala Conservation Centre and journey back in time to explore the heritage and tranquil scenery of Churchill Island.
- See the towering 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, and take in iconic surf breaks, pristine rainforest and misty waterfalls along the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Get outdoors on bushwalking, surfing and mountain biking expeditions or take the cultural route through galleries, museums and heritage attractions.
- Loved by generations for over 100 years, Puffing Billy is one of the finest preserved steam railways in the world. Kids and adults alike will love the feeling of the wind in their hair as they wind through the lush rainforest and beautiful fern gullies of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges National Park, enjoying the views from the iconic open-sided carriages.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Mamak Melbourne (Malaysia)
366 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Zamzam Restaurant
364 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Burger Edge (Roxburgh Park Dine In and Drive Thru)
1550 Pascoe Vale Road, Coolaroo
- Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant
265 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Old Town White Coffee
303 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV)
66-68 Jeffcott St, West Melbourne
- Bilal Bin Rabah Masjid
Newport Islamic Society 1 Walker Street Newport Melbourne