About This Trip
Tasmania's unique wilderness and five of Tasmania's historic convict sites are listed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) as worthy of World Heritage Listing in recognition of their outstanding natural or cultural importance to the common heritage of humanity.
Trip code: AU-TAS3NSD-WWC
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Launceston > Cradle Mountain (181km/2h30m)
If time permit, ride on Chairlift across Cataract Gorge. Travel west, visit 41’ South Aquaculture Salmon and Ginseng Farm, Ashgrove Farm Cheese, House of Anvers Chocolate Factory and Melita Honey Farm to taste Tasmania’s famous Leatherwood honey. Tour Marakoopa Cave to see glow worms and stop at Sheffield - a mural town and Tasmazia. Continue to Cradle Mountain, stroll around Dove Lake and explore the surroundings or indulge in nature activities such as walks, horse-riding or wilderness flights. In the evening, visit ‘Devils@Cradle’ or join the animal spotlight tours.
- Overnight: Cradle Mountain Wilderness Village
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Airport (Incur 1-way rental car + GPS, AUD50) [sightseeing] National Park Pass
- Admission - Cataract Gorge Chairlift 2-ways OR Tahune Airwalk
Day 2: Cradle Mountain > Strahan (147km/2h30m)
Travel south via West Coast Wilderness route to Strahan. A beautiful fishing village overlooking the vast Macquarie Harbour. Join in Gordon River Cruise for spectacular views (optional).
- Overnight: Strahan Village / Marsden Court
- National Park Pass
Day 3: Strahan > Hobart (300km/4h30m)
Stretch your legs at Lake St Clair and walk to Russell Falls in Mount Field National Park. Stay at Curringa (farmstay - optional) or journey onto Hobart.
- Overnight: Travelodge Hobart / Grosvenor Court Apartment
- National Park Pass
Day 4: Hobart
Visit Salamanca Market (Saturday) or Farmers Market (Sunday). Visit Richmond, stop at Sorell Fruit Farm to pick fruit (when in season). Visit World Heritage listed – Port Arthur Historic Site and take the Tasman Island ecocruise. If time permit, travel south to Huon Valley, breathtaking views from Tahune Airwalk.
- Drop up your CAR at Airport
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Warong (Malaysian)
Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
– Mamak Corner
8 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Pondok Daun Restaurant
94 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Cinnamon Cafe & Indian Restaurant
- 3/198-216 Charles St, Launceston TAS 7250, Australia
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Hobart Mosque
166 Warwick St, West Hobart, Tasmania
- Masjid UTAS
University of Tasmania Newnham Campus, Launceston, Tasmania