About This Trip
Kilometres of picture-perfect coast, rugged, otherworldly outback and lush rolling wine country await in South Australia. We've got just the right recipe for road tripping. Think jaw-dropping views in the Flinders Ranges, leisurely ocean drives along the Limestone Coast, lazing along the banks of the Murray River, sipping world-famous wine in the Barossa or chilling in culture-rich Adelaide. We've done the organising for you; all that's left to do is pack your bags and hit the road.
Trip code: AU-SA3NSD-TLC
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Adelaide > Robe (337km/4h)
Head south from Adelaide towards Tailem Bend. And continue southwest to Meningie. Soak in the views of the scenic coastal drive. Kingston SE, home to 18.2m high Big Lobster ‘Larry’. Robe, a popular seaside town known for its crayfish.
- Overnight: BW Melaleuca Motel & Apartment
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Downtown (surcharge airport AUD48)
- Admission - Cockington Green Garden, Questacon and AIS
Day 2: Robe > Mount Gambier (131km/1h30m)
Beachport, drive along the Bowman Scenic Drive for the spectacular views of the rugged coastline and take a dip in the Salt Lake - Pool of Siloam. Enjoy a unique Wagyu Beef tasting at Mayura Station in Milicent, where full-blood Wagyu cattle are bred and raised. Depart for Mount Gambier via the scenic Woakwine Range Wind Farm.
- Overnight: Quality Inn Presidential
Day 3: Mt Gambier > Coonawarra (62km/50m)
Mt Gambier, South Australia’s second largest city, is home to the famous Blue Lake, join the Aquifer Tour to see it up-close. Coonawarra famous wine region, where its rich terra rossa soil is responsible for great red wines, and sample some of Australia’s best cabernets
- Admission - Port of Echuca Paddlesteamer (1 hour)
Day 4: Coonawarra > Adelaide (373km/4h)
Continue north on Highway A66 to Naracoorte (30mins). Visit the impressive World Heritage Naracoorte Caves, admission included. Travel on to Padthaway, known as a classic Chardonnay region. Drive through Keith and onto Highway A8, passing through Coonalpyn and Tailem Bend. Return to Adelaide via Highway M1, followed by A1 and Glen Osmond Road.
- Drop up your CAR at Airport
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Warong (Malaysian)
Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Mamak Corner
8 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Pondok Daun Restaurant
94 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Adelaide Mosque
28/20 Little Gilbert St, Adelaide