About This Trip
Whether your idea of a 'road trip' is on-road cruising up the coast, or an off-road 4x4 adventure to your camping paradise, there are so many options when it comes to driving holidays in Queensland.
Trip code: AU-QLD5NSD-SQ
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Arrive Brisbane (1N)
Climb the iconic Story Bridge and enjoy spectacular views of the city and river.
- Shop at Queen St Mall and funky precincts such as Fortitude Valley with its groovy fashion outlets, a lively music, culture scene and stylish bars. Visit Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (optional), the world’s largest koala sanctuary.
- Overnight: Grand Chancellor / Mantra on Queen
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Downtown (Surcharge airport AUD60)
Day 2: Brisbane > Sunshine Coast (2N) (101km/1h30m)
Travel north to Beerwah, visit Australia Zoo (included). Handfeed an Asian Elephant (free), cuddle a koala, walk alongside a cheeky cheetah, get up close to a gorgeous lemur, wrap a Burmese Python around your shoulders, watch a massive Saltwater Crocodile launch a strike in the 5,000 seat Crocoseum. Make your way to one of the picturesque mountain villages such as Maleny or Montville, which overlook the stunning Glasshouse Mountains. Explore the galleries, craft shops and art studios. You can also enjoy the mouth-watering local produce, including macadamias, ginger, avocados and cheeses.
- Overnight: Novotel Twin Waters / Mantra Mooloolaba
- Admission - Australia Zoo
Day 3: In Sunshine Coast
Every Sunday, the Noosa Farmers' Market showcases the finest and freshest of regional produce. Browse the hundreds of stalls at the colourful Eumundi Market, held every Wednesday and Saturday. You'll find everything from handmade soaps and oil paintings to gourmet jams and organic fruit. Visit the world’s largest ginger factory at Yandina and sample all kinds of ginger goodies including ginger teas, ginger chocolate and ginger ice cream. Visit trendy Noosa, explore the boutiques that line Hastings Street, dine alfresco at one of the many bistros and relax at the immaculate beaches.
Day 4: Sunshine Coast > Hervey Bay (2N) (205km/2h30m)
Drive north to Hervey Bay on Fraser Coast, known as the whale watching capital of Australia, the area is teeming with humpback whales, season July-November.
- Overnight: Mantra Hervey Bay
- Admission - Fraser Explorer Day Tour (ex-Hervey Bay)
Day 5: Daytrip Fraser Island
Catch a ferry (40min) across to the World Heritage-listed Fraser Island. Join a ranger-guided 4WD tour (included). Explore the island's freshwater lakes, coloured sand dunes, pristine beaches and ancient forest. Fraser Island is also home to all kinds of bird life and wildlife, including dingoes, possums and an array of reptiles.
Day 6: Hervey Bay> Brisbane (290km/3h30m)
Return to Brisbane. Enroute stop at Ettamogah Pub, a quirky shaped building and most photographed pub in the world on the side of the Bruce Highway. Aussie World is a family theme park located behind the Ettamogah Pub. If time permit, visit Gold Coast (extension night require). With its beautiful beaches, vibrant yet laidback city life and world-class attractions, the Gold Coast is Australia's favourite holiday destination. Visit one of its renowned theme parks, and in the evening, enjoy a unique dinner show or catch the colourful "live" stage shows around town.
- Drop up your CAR at Airport
– Queensland’s beaches are the best in the world and the Gold Coast is home to some stunners. The young (and young at heart) won’t want to miss the Gold Coast’s legendary theme parks. Meet your favourite characters at Movie World, scream on the rollercoasters at Dreamworld, swim with dolphins at Sea World and tackle the speed slide at Wet’n’Wild.
- One of the most internationally recognisable icons on the Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, has always been an entertainment playground with a social scene for the most social of socialites. The Surfers Paradise you have always known is ever-evolving and this vibrant hub is now home to some of the best restaurants, bars and attractions on the Gold Coast.
- Catch a boat, ferry or barge the short 40 kilometres off the Brisbane shoreline to the oasis of Moreton Island. There, all you need to do is choose the ideal camp spot, opt for ease of a holiday home or splurge on an inclusive resort.
- The Port Douglas is a celeb-favourite holiday destination and you only need to visit once to see why. With access to the Great Barrier Reef, award-winning dining and a variety of luxury hotels, there’s so many reasons to holiday here with your family, partner or solo. Regardless, you’ll always find something exotic and fun to do.
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Shiraz Authentic Persian Restaurant
3106 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise
- Golden Legends Malaysian Seafood Restaurant
3083 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise
- Dapur Dahlia
Shop 7, 250 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Gold Coast Mosque
144 Allied Dr, Arundel QLD 4214, Australia