About This Trip
Trip code: ASD-MELADL4N
by RENTAL CAR + ZERO EXCESS + FREE GPS
Day 1: Melbourne > Great Ocean Road > Warrnambool (349km/5h)
Leave Melbourne heading south west to Geelong, Victoria's second-largest city, and explore its historic waterfront; a lively area filled with restaurants andcafés. Head to Torquay, the officialstart of the Great Ocean Road and Australia’s surfing Capital. The stretch between Lorne and Apollo Bay is considered by many to be the most picturesque section of the Great Ocean Road. See rugged cliffs rolling farmlands, the almighty Twelve Apostle (best viewed from a helicopter). Warrnambool, the only city on the Shipwreck Coast, visit Flagstaff Hill Maritime Museum.
- ernight Deep Blue Hotel & Hot Springs
- Pick up your CAR - Ex Downtown (surcharge airport AUD60), (incur 1-way rental car + GPS, AUD127)
- Admission - Warrnambool, Evening Shipwreck Sound & Light Show
Day 2: Warrnambool > Port Fairy > Mt Gambier (180km/2h20m)
Travel to the Limestone Coast of South Australia. Mt Gambier, South Australia’s second largest city, is home to the famous Blue Lake, join the Aquifer Tour to see it up-close. Take a walk in time through The Lady Nelson Discovery Centre, and spend the rest of the day exploring Umpherston Sinkhole and Engelbrecht Cave beneath the city's streets.
- ernight Quality Inn Presidential
Day 3: Mt Gambier > Coonawarra> Robe (113km/1h30m)
Depart to Millicent, experience Woakwine Range Wind Farm Tourist Drive. Coonawarra famous wine region, where its rich terra rossa soil is responsible for great red wines, and sample some of Australia’s best cabernets. Continue north to Naracoorte. Join a guided tour or adventure caving to explore the impressive World Heritage Naracoorte Caves. Robe, a popular seaside town known for its crayfish. Visit Cape Dombey and take photo of famous ‘Obelisk’.
- ernight BW Melaleuca
Day 4: Robe > Victor Harbor (354km/4h30m)
Travel to Kingston, home of the big lobster ‘Larry’. Perhaps stop at Lacepede Seafood that specialize in Southern Rock Lobster, selling either live or cooked lobster. Coorong National Park: a place where you can cruise serene backwaters. Due to its long, shallow, salty lagoons are a haven for bird life while a narrow strip of sand hills protects the sheltered waters from the pounding surf of the Southern Ocean. It’s also an important area for Aboriginal communities.
Overnight: Comfort Inn Victor Harbour
- Admission - Victor Boat, Big Duck Boat (45min)
Day 5: Victor Harbor > Adelaide (84km/1h30m)
Travel to Flerieu Peninsula. Drive along the coastline and spot the Southern Right Whales from June-September or dolphins all year round. Take the Horse Drawn Tram to Granite Island – the only one of it’s kind in Australia. Visit the penguin centre and at dusk join a guided tour to see these little penguins returning to their burrows after a day’s fishing. Stop at the famous McLaren Vale wine region and explore the 50+ cellar doors, before continue to Adelaide.
Visit Kangaroo Island - walk among sea lions, watch fur seals and be awestruck by the spectacular Remarkable Rocks (extension night require.)
- Drop up your CAR at Airport
- Visit a world of green in the heart of the city at Melbourne's Fitzroy Gardens, and while away hours marvelling at the tiny doorways of the historic Captain Cook's Cottage, the carved Fairies Tree, the model Tudor Village, the conservatory, myriad fountains and statues, and shady avenues of grand trees
- Philip Island, home to the world-famous Penguin Parade and other popular wildlife attractions - all only 90 minutes from Melbourne. Get up close to one of Australia's most loved animals at the Koala Conservation Centre and journey back in time to explore the heritage and tranquil scenery of Churchill Island.
- See the towering 12 Apostles, get up close to native wildlife, and take in iconic surf breaks, pristine rainforest and misty waterfalls along the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Get outdoors on bushwalking, surfing and mountain biking expeditions or take the cultural route through galleries, museums and heritage attractions.
- Loved by generations for over 100 years, Puffing Billy is one of the finest preserved steam railways in the world. Kids and adults alike will love the feeling of the wind in their hair as they wind through the lush rainforest and beautiful fern gullies of the magnificent Dandenong Ranges National Park, enjoying the views from the iconic open-sided carriages
- Rundel Mall is home to the South Australian flagship stores of many large Australian retailers and a large number of smaller independent and chain stores. The mall also features a number of arcades and plazas containing smaller boutiques and eateries.
- Just a 50 minute drive north east of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is an internationally-acclaimed wine region encompassing the towns of Tanunda, Angaston and Nuriootpa. Wander into over 80 cellar doors, tasting some of the most awarded wines in the world and digging into sumptuous local produce.
- Victor Harbour - Take a ride on the only horse-drawn tramway in Australia, and one of the few services to run throughout the year worldwide
- Kangaroo Island is notoriously known for its abundant and beautiful wildlife but finding some of the more reclusive residents may require a little local knowledge. Guarantee sightings and insights on one of the Island's many wildlife tours
Where to EatLooking for Halal certified cuisine?
- Mamak Melbourne (Malaysian), 366 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Zamzam Restaurant, 364 Lonsdale St, Melbourne
- Burger Edge (Roxburgh Park Dine In and Drive Thru), 1550 Pascoe Vale Road, Coolaroo
- Nelayan Indonesian Restaurant, 265 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Old Town White Coffee, 303 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
- Warong (Malaysian), Rundle Mall, Adelaide
- Mamak Corner, 8 Bank St, Adelaide
- Pondok Daun Restaurant, 94 Currie St, Adelaide
It's Time to Pray!Where is the Mosque nearby me?
- Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV)
66-68 Jeffcott St, West Melbourne
- Bilal Bin Rabah Masjid
Newport Islamic Society 1 Walker Street Newport Melbourne
- Adelaide Mosque
28/20 Little Gilbert St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia